Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Flckr

Apparently, I already have an account with some interesting cartoons and such. I suspect my children did this. Check out my cat:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/19344315@N07/3723594017/

Flickr is cool! I found everything from pictures of libraries to pictures of flowers here. I can see how it could be used in libraries to publicize events or maybe give patrons a tour of the library. I worry about the privacy implications for a school library though. I doubt if we could post pictures of students on Flickr. However, we could certainly post pictures of displays or use Flickr to give a virtual tour. I would have to learn more about how to set up collections on Flickr. I would like to be able to use pictures on Flickr for my animoto book talks but I think I would probably have to contact each photographer which would be cumbersome. I have a colleague who prefers Picasa which I haven't used but will probably check out when school starts again.

No comments:

Post a Comment