Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Thing 2

Well, I have to say I'm finding all tis a little confusing. Is there a Web 2.0 for Dummies out there I can read or am I making this all harder than it really is? I guess I am a little chagrined by the statement about baby boomers being a dwindling patron group. Yeah, we're all headed for retirement or death anyway, so why bother, right? I don't like living my entire life up to this point as a member of the largest demographic group in the U. S. to now being irrelevant. But that's really beside the point. Even though I'm apparently a fossil now, I still want to try to keep up with what's going on in the library world. Not counting the teachers I work with, my patrons ARE made up of millenials or whatever group 10 - 12-year-olds are and I do want the library to be relevant to them. I really want to be able to blog about books with them and start a virtual book club with them. I'm just not sure what kind of restrictions the district has set up for blogging and if those will be easing soon. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to blog but as a school librarian, I guess I take the concept of summer break seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment