Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thing 14 - Delicious

This website seems like a great idea. Finally, I can keep all my bookmarks on one site that I can access from any computer. Every year they come through and reimage all our computers and I have to save my bookmarks on a flash drive or lose them. Now I have a permanent place for them. I like the feature that allows you to choose which bookmarks you want to share and which you prefer to keep private. There are a lot of tag options and that may prove to be confusing down the road when I have more bookmarks saved on this site and the editing and organizing may be time consuming at first but this seems like a very useful site. I am wondering about a couple of things though. Will this website be blocked at school? I wouldn't see why it would be but so many things are. I guess I'll find out the next time I am at work. My next thought is whether people open more than one account, one for work and one for home. I have tons of favorites on my school computer that would be good to share with other librarians and teachers but I wouldn't necessarily want to share my personal bookmarks. So next time I am at school I am going to see about making another account and downloading the favorites that I have there so I can share. To see the bookmarks I imported and added go to http://delicious.com/sunshine1128

No comments:

Post a Comment