Monday, August 3, 2009

Wiki

I use Wikipedia all the time. I realize there is a lot of controversy about the accuracy of the information but I find it an extremely useful starting point for research and as a source for quick information. Before this exercise, however, I had never clicked on the discussion button before. Very interesting, I must say. Right now I am reading The Stolen One by Suzanne Crowley and as it has to do with Katherine Parr, her article is the one I looked up for this Thing. One of the interesting things I discovered when I clicked the discussion button was a heated controversy over the spelling of her name. Now, my question is can literally anybody edit and add to Wikipedia, even me?

I set up my wiki page with only a little trouble. I didn't realize the subpage needed to have a name unique from everybody else's. Once I went back and read the comments and discovered this crucial bit of information, I was able to create my 3 sub-pages of more than anyone really wants to know about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment