Friday, August 7, 2009

You Tube

Thing 20 was a fun assignment. I love You Tube. I found a wide variety of library-related videos from book cart drills to book trailers to speed knitting in the library. I watched informative videos on Tex Share and the K-12 databases. One orientation video I saw seemed long in length but short on practical information. It was mainly 4 minutes of shots of the library with a brief history thrown in. I do think the orientation idea is a good one though if it includes basic procedures and rules for your library that your students will need to follow all year. I think my favorite videos are the book trailers and this is something I would might like to get the kids to do with me next year. Another fun thing my students would enjoy on You Tube are the author interviews. What a great way to put a voice and face to their favorite authors. I wish there were more.

No comments:

Post a Comment